My mum was no baker, so if we wanted something as a treat, we had to make it ourselves! Here is the most kid friendly baking project on the planet. No baking required, and totally scrumptious. And of course, a perfect use for all of those old and broken biscuits.
- Approx 1 packet of broken biscuits, practically any sort.
- 1/2 a block of butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- a block of chocolate to finish off
- Put the broken biscuits in a plastic bag, hand them a child and get them to bash them to a smash with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the golden syrup, cocoa and lastly the broken biscuits.
- Mix together thoroughly.
- Add some extras if you like – raisins for a bit of fruit, marshmallows for a bit of Rocky Road!
- Pour it all into a tray and press down.
- Put it in the fridge to cool.
- When it is cool, melt the chocolate (we love it with a bar of Milky Bar) and cover over the top! Go crazy!
- Allow chocolate to cool and cut into squares!